Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact Stephen Tupper our Client Care Partner. You can write to him at TupperS Law, 22 Disraeli Road, Ealing, London W5 5HP.
Mr Tupper will deal with your complaint in the first instance.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and we may ask you to confirm or explain the details of your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter acknowledging your complaint within 7 working days of the receipt of your complaint.
- We will record your complaint on our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will do this as soon as we receive your complaint.
- If we have asked you to confirm or to explain further the details of your complaint we will acknowledge your letter to us with those details within 14 working days of the receipt of your letter.
- When we receive your letter of complaint, or when we ask for further confirmation or explanation and we receive your second letter, we will then start to investigate your complaint.
- We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 30 working days of the receipt of your complaint or the receipt of your further letter of confirmation or explanation. We may invite you to meet to discuss your complaint and to hopefully resolve that complaint.
- We hope that we will be able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and when that occurs we will write to you within 7 working days of any meeting or discussion with you to confirm what has taken place and what was discussed and any solutions which we have agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or that is not possible, we will try and discuss matters with you on the telephone, if that is necessary, but certainly we will respond to you in writing with a view to answering the issues you have raised in your complaint and with a view, as we say, of resolving your complaint.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again. With your consent, arrangements will then be made for a member of the Solicitors Sole Practitioners Group of the local Law Society or another solicitor to review your complaint. You will be advised or how long this will likely take.
- You will be advised of the outcome of the review within five working days of the end of the review.
- If you are still not satisfied, you may contact:
PO Box 15870
Website – www.legalombudsman.org.uk
Telephone – 0300 555 0333
Email – email@example.com
There is a time limit for referring a matter to the Legal Ombudsman which is generally 6 months from the end of this firm’s procedure.
If we have to change any of the time scales referred to in this procedure, we will let you know and explain to you why.